Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December in General

Hello, I seemed to have started to slack on my blog. I plan on picking it up, I promise.
Okay, so I plan on just updating about the month of December in general. For starters, I ran in a 10k December 1st. My time was 1hr and 13 mins. So, pretty slow. I know that I am now out of shape in regards to running. I plan on running more this summer though.
The 5th of Dec. I went to an event that involved Rotary and the military of Peru. Rotary donated wheelchairs to the military members that needed them. The exchange students were invited to the ceremony and they were kind enough to give us food after!
The last week of school, the 9th-13th of Dec, fifth grade didn't have to go to school in uniforms. It felt like school back home :) On the 9th, my class put on a party for our homeroom teacher. Miss Olga was the teacher that was in charge of quinto A (my class). We made a video for her and brought in food, and she had made a video for us too. It was a morning full of memories for everyone. Tears were shed by multiples (but not me). On the 12th, the fourth grade had arranged a going away party for fifth grade. They made a video and everything. It was really nice. On the 13th, Friday, it was the last day of school. We had to go to our first few classes, but we really just sat in the classroom and talked. At 10:30, the time of our first break, we were let out of class. We were able to roam the school and go talk with teachers at our will. The only restriction was we had to stay in the school. I went with my friends to see their old teachers. People took many pictures that day, with friends and with teachers. Many people brought in an old school shirt for friends to sign and I forgot to do that. Instead, I took a piece of poster board and had my friends sign it. It is filled up, front and back. I didn't cry until the last hour. One of my best friends hugged me and told me tat they wouldn't forget about me and that's when the tears came. It was a sad day. Once the final bell rang at 1, signaling that we had to go, people started crying even harder and almost all the boys of the promo circled up and sang the school song at the top of their lungs. They were all crying and hugging each other. I don't think I saw a single person of the promo with dry eyes that day.
14th of Dec. PROM!! There were some mixups with my dress earlier on in the week and the seamstress wouldn't be able to have my dress ready for Saturday, my prom. So my mom and I went out that night on an emergency shopping trip to hunt for a dress that was the same color as the first one. We ended up finding one, but it was very stressful for me considering that I was shopping for a dress 3 days before prom. Okay, on the 14th, I went with my sister to get my hair, nails, and makeup done. After that, I lounged for a few hours before putting on my dress. Around 5 we left the house to go to Parque de Amor (Park of Love) for our pictures. Parque de Amor is right on the ocean and is on a cliff. The cliff is right on the edge of the ocean and it was beautiful. We were there for the sunset, so the pictures had a pretty sky in the background. After the pictures, we went to my friends house to wait for the limo to come pick us up. In the limo, we drove around for about 2 hours. Everyone stuck their head out of the sunroof. One thing I can cross off of my bucket list! At the prom, we ate dinner before the dancing started. I kept my heels on all night, so needless to say my feet were killing me. The party ended around 5:30 and I didn't get home until around 6. I slept all day, until 8pm. I guess I was a little tired. Prom was a blast and I had so much fun and I couldn't have asked to be with a better promo!! :)
Dec. 16th, Birthday Dinner of a dear friend, Gerry from Australia. One of my best friends of the Exchange Students celebrated his birthday with us. About 10 exchangers went out to eat at the fanciest restaurant in Lima, a 5 star restaurant, La Rosa Nautica. The food was great and it was a great night out with friends. Also my first time dining 5 star! Fancy!
Dec. 18th, My Graduation! It wasn't a typical graduation that you would think of. We didn't wear our robes or our caps. Just nice clothes. The teachers talked about what a great class it was and they gave out awards to the top three kids in each classroom. Then they gave out awards to the top ten in the whole grade. They also gave out awards to the outstanding kids in each sport. After, I went out with my friends and it was just a great night in general.
Dec. 20th, President's Palace! The exchange students were invited to go to the President's Palace and have a tour of it! It is just as hard to tour the palace as it is to tour the White House. So, we all felt pretty special! The Palace is very beautiful! After, I went and explored Centro with some friends and bought presents for Christmas!
Dec. 21st, BEACH!!! I went to the beach with my sister and her friends and my cousin. It was so nice, even if the ocean was a little cold. I got used to it after a while!
Dec. 22, Christmas Lunch! The exchange students organized a Christmas Lunch and gift exchange for ourselves. Rotary also organized it, but with the help of us. My secret santa was Henry, the president of Youth Exchange for our district. He gave me a pair of really pretty earrings!
Dec. 23rd, Shopping! I went Christmas shopping for my host family with my friend at the nearest mall. I had a waffle for the first time in 5 months. It was delicious!
Dec. 24th, today! Christmas here is celebrated different. Instead of Christmas being the 25th, here it is the 24th. y family isn't doing anything unit tonight. We will be going to my aunts house and probably stay until late. The tradition is to stay up all night and open presents at midnight, so technically the 25th.
Dec. 25th, Tomorrow!! Christmas!! The plans my family has are; go to the beach house at 6:00am because my dad's side of the family will be there. So, Christmas on the beach. not bad at all!! :)

December has been pretty eventful and awesome so far! There's still 6 days left, and I have a feeling they'll be pretty awesome. Summer is for sure here because the weather is progressively becoming hotter. Life is pretty good here!!

Until next time!
Emily

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment